So there have been a ton of things happen in the world of faith and the US Young Adult since my last post. In case you have been living under a proverbial rock here are some of the high notes:
- There is some sort of sporting extravaganza in London
- A lot of people ate chicken and yelled about it with their mouths full
- A lot of people with no chicken yelled at people eating chicken
Call yesterday what you want, freedom of speech, a rally behind “family values,” a sincere fascination with CFA’s brand of fried poultry… but it cannot be called love. It was not love.
- Athletes were accused of not being "patriotic enough" by Fox News. Warning brain cells might be lost in the viewing of this video.
- Here is a series of terrorism stories with tragic similarities
- 16 people were killed in a Christian Church in Nigeria
- A racist shot without cause a peaceful group of Sihk's in prayer
- A wannabe Joker shot without cause a peaceful group of movie goers
- A Joplin Missouri Mosque is burned to the ground for no reason
- US Nuns are being accused of "doctrinal confusion" by the Vatican
- The vague term "Evangelical" is explained...well at least the reason why it is a vague term is explained
- This guy kicks people in the face to "heal" them in the name of Jesus
- NASA Landed another Rover on Mars to great cheers...and then it tweeted about it...from MARS!
- Here is a cool way to get started in better church communication.
- See the image to the right for how church don't do a great job at social media communication.
- There is an Ebola Outbreak in Uganda that nobody is talking about.